Youth Protection Information
There will be a Youth Protection Training on September 19th in the Holy Spirit Parish Hall. If you would like to attend please register online with the youth protection office. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to register you ourselves. Youth Protection Training Registration
In November 2017, we were notified that our on-line youth protection provider, Shield the Vulnerable, had gone out of business. We received the instructions below from the diocese about our temporary on-line replacement for Youth Protection 1 training.
- Go to www.proudtoprotect.com.
- Click on the log-in link in the upper right hand corner and register to create a customer profile. Or click here to go straight to the registration page.
- Once you are registered click on the "Courses for Individuals"
- Click on "Add to Cart" under "Recognizing Child Abuse" - this is the only course you need to complete as a substitute for Youth Protection 1. The charge for this course is about $10.
- If you are not able to select the course. Look at the right sidebar and under "shopping cart" click continue shopping.
- Complete the course
- Print out certificate
- Even though this approach is temporary, successful completion and documentation of the course is good for 3 years.
- Please note: When you logon to the site (after you set up your user name and password) - The logon button may not disappear. Go ahead and try to access your session even if the logon button still shows.
*The course above does not provide records to parishes, schools or the diocese. The individual is responsible for printing and keeping a completion certificate and giving a copy to his/her school.
In addition to requiring proof of completion for "Recognizing Child Abuse," the following measures are to be followed for any new person (paid or volunteer):
- The school must give the individual a copy of the diocesan Code-of-Conduct-with-Receipt.pdf . The individual must sign the receipt. The receipt is to be maintained by the school.
- Secondly, the individual must pass a criminal background check before he or she begins involvement with young people. The following form must be filled out, signed and given to the school before a background check can be done. Volunteer-Inquiry-Release.pdf
The diocese does have training sessions throughout the year at different locations. We will be hosting one on September 19 in the Holy Spirit Parish Hall.
In order to be able to volunteer you must turn in the certificate of completion, the code of conduct receipt and the volunteer inquiry release (2pages). If you have any questions please contact Jessica Mitchell at email@example.com or 553-5606, ext. 7.
- Code of Conduct with Receipt.pdf (162 KB)
- Memo for Temporary Youth Protection.pdf (111 KB)
- Volunteer Inquiry Release.pdf (20 KB)