News and Announcements
2019 Middle/High School Lenten Project
During this season of Lent as we examine ourselves and our relationship with Christ, the Church encourages us to renew our dedication to three practices that promote love of God and love of neighbor: prayer, fasting and almsgiving. For our annual Lenten project, our student Campus Ministry Team, in collaboration with the Theology Department, is promoting authentic almsgiving to benefit people close to home. Over the course of three weeks, students and families are invited to contribute supplies needed by three local organizations to continue the life-giving service that each provides. The supply drives will be supplemented by activities in theology classes and during Friday morning prayer. We ask that students bring the designated supplies for each organization by the Tuesday of that week; however, we will accept any of the supplies through the end of the project. Thank you for your support.
1. Who: Choices Pregnancy Clinic offers life-giving alternatives to abortion and provides support for women choosing life.
What: All new
- gift cards to drive through eateries or Belk
- sports bra in large sizes only
- nursing bras and nursing pads (disposable)
- towel sets
- bath robe
- hand or face lotion
- lip gloss/balm
- bed socks
- makeup bags
What: New bed pillows
3. Who: Books for the Blackbelt provides books to students in high poverty Black Belt counties with the goal of providing at least one book for each child.
What: New or gently-used schoolbooks or classic works of fiction and non-fiction for grades K-12